Monday 5 September 2011

A Start...

Hello! It's nice to meet you here.

You must be wondering about the title Vipassana Traveller. So let me indulge you in a little explanation.

Vipassana is actually a meditation technique that I learnt years ago from S.N. Goenka. You can find out more about it by clicking on this link here: www.dhamma.org. When I first started my meditation on the grounds of a course center in Switzerland, there were not that many centers worldwide which were specifically dedicated to Vipassana meditation à la Goenka. Today however, you can go to almost any country to attend a free ten day Vipassana course (paid for through donations by jokers like me - also called 'old students'... wheeze... cough... where's my walking stick...).

After having travelled around the world to a few course centers, I decided that travelling around my host country before, or after meditating would be cool. After a few more thinks, the next thought was to share my travels with anyone interested in meditation, and travelling.

This blog here will include a bit about my journey in meditation as well as the experiences of all the interesting and varied people who lingered at the same Vipassana centers along the way. It will also include photos, and write-ups about travel with or without meditation. So stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment